Metamucil (Plantago Seed)
Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
Plantago Seed Information
(sil' i yum)
Before taking psyllium,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to psyllium or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, including vitamins. Do not take digoxin (Lanoxin), salicylates (aspirin), or nitrofurantoin (Macrodantin, Furadantin, Macrobid) within 3 hours of taking psyllium.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had diabetes mellitus, heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, rectal bleeding, intestinal blockage, or difficulty swallowing.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking psyllium, call your doctor.
- tell your pharmacist or doctor if you are on a low-sugar or low-sodium diet.
- be careful not to breathe in psyllium powder when mixing a dose. It can cause allergic reactions when accidentally inhaled.
- difficulty breathing
- stomach pain
- difficulty swallowing
- skin rash