Colazal (Balsalazide Disodium)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom. Colazal is also marketed internationally under the name Colazide.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Balsalazide Disodium Information
(bal sal' a zide)
Before taking balsalazide,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to balsalazide, aspirin, choline magnesium trisalicylate (Tricosal, Trilisate), choline salicylate (Arthropan), diflunisal (Dolobid), magnesium salicylate (Nuprin Backache, Mobidin, Extra Strength Doan's, others), mesalamine (Asacol, Pentasa, Rowasa), salsalate (Argesic-AS, Disalcid, others), sodium salicylate, sodium thiosalicylate (Rexolate), sulfasalzine (Azulfidine), or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially oral antibiotics and vitamins and herbal products.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease or pyloric stenosis (a condition in which the stomach empties slowly).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking balsalazide, call your doctor.
- abdominal pain
- upset stomach
- joint pain
- difficulty falling or staying asleep
- runny nose
- muscle or back pain
- loss of appetite
- urinary tract infection
- dry mouth
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- dark urine
- bloating or swelling of the stomach
- increased diarrhea
- rectal bleeding
- fever, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms