Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
(eye'' va kaf' tor)
Before taking ivacaftor,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ivacaftor, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in ivacaftor tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: certain antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin, in PrevPac), erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin), and telithromycin (Ketek); certain antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Onmel, Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), posaconazole (Noxafil), and voriconazole (Vfend); cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune); digoxin (Lanoxin); certain medications for seizures such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Tegretol, others), phenobarbital, and phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek); midazolam; rifabutin (Mycobutin); rifampin (Rifadin, in Rifamate, in Rifater, Rimactane); or tacrolimus (Astagraf, Prograf). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects. Many other medications may also interact with ivacaftor, so be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking, even those that do not appear on this list.
- tell your doctor what herbal products you are taking, especially St. John's wort.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking ivacaftor, call your doctor.
- you should know that ivacaftor may make you dizzy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- joint pain
- mouth and throat pain
- fever, sore throat, runny nose, or other signs of infection
- loss of appetite
- pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- dark urine
- extreme tiredness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- vision changes