Generic equivalents for Minoxidil... What are generics?
Can not be split. Product of India. Shipped from Mauritius.
(mi nox' i dill)Minoxidil may increase chest pain (angina) or cause other heart problems. If chest pain occurs or worsens while you are taking this medication, call your doctor immediately. Your doctor may prescribe other mediciations as part of your minoxidil therapy. Do not stop taking these medications unless your doctor tells you to do so. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to minoxidil. Your doctor may order other tests such as EKG (electrocardiogram) to monitor your heart function.
Before taking minoxidil,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to minoxidil, any other medications,or any of the ingredients in minoxidil tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: diuretics ('water pills'), guanethidine, and other medications for high blood pressure.
- tell your doctor if you have pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take minoxidil.
- tell your doctor if you have had a recent heart attack, or if you have heart or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking minoxidil, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking minoxidil.
- you should know that this medication may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how it affects you.
- ask your doctor about the safe use of alcohol while you are taking minoxidil. Alcohol can make the side effects from minoxidil worse.
- increase in size or darkness of fine body hair
- breast tenderness
- fast heartbeat
- swollen ankles or feet
- unexplained weight gain
- difficulty breathing