Prescription required. May be split. Product of Australia. Shipped from Australia.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(praz'' i kwon' tel)
Before taking praziquantel,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to praziquantel, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in praziquantel tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor if you are taking rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, in Rifamate, in Rifater). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take praziquantel if you are taking this medication. Your doctor will probably tell you to stop taking rifampin four weeks before beginning treatment with praziquantel, and will tell you to start taking rifampin again one day after finishing treatment with praziquantel.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: chloroquine (Aralen); cimetidine (Tagamet); dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexpak); erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Erythrocin); itraconazole (Sporanox); ketoconazole (Nizoral); and certain medications for seizures such as phenytoin (Dilantin), phenobarbital, and carbamazepine (Equetro, Tegretol). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects. Many other medications may also interact with praziquantel, so be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking, even those that do not appear on this list.
- tell your doctor if you have ocular cysticercosis (infestation with a type of tapeworm that forms cysts in the eyes). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take praziquantel.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had seizures; cysticercosis nodules (bumps) just under your skin; or kidney, liver,or heart disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. If you become pregnant while taking praziquantel, call your doctor.
- do not breastfeed on the day you take praziquantel and for 72 hours (3 days) after you take praziquantel.
- you should know that praziquantel may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery on the day you take praziquantel and the day after you take praziquantel.
- not feeling well
- stomach pain
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.