To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(ta'' va bor' ole)
- Make sure that your toenails are clean and dry.
- Before you apply tavaborole topical solution for the first time, remove the cap from the bottle and dispose of it. Unwrap the dropper and insert it in the bottle.
- Squeeze the dropper bulb and then loosen your grip to fill the dropper with medication.
- Hold the dropper over your affected toenail and squeeze the bulb slowly to release enough medication to cover your entire toenail. You might need to use more than one drop.
- Use the tip of the dropper to spread the medication so that it covers your entire toenail.
- Place the tip of the dropper under the tip of your toenail and squeeze the bulb to apply the medication to the skin under your toenail. Use the tip of the dropper to spread the medicine under your toenail.
- If you get any medication on the skin around your toenail, wipe it off with a tissue. Do not wipe the medication off of your toenail.
- If you have more than one affected toenail, repeat steps 3-7 to apply the medication to each affected toenail.
- Put the dropper tip back in the bottle of medication and screw it on tightly.
- Allow your toenails to dry for a few minutes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
Before using tavaborole topical solution,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to tavaborole, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in tavaborole topical solution. Ask your pharmacist or check the manufacturer's patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had any medical condition.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using tavaborole topical solution, call your doctor.
- peeling, redness, itching, or swelling of the skin around the affected toenail(s)
- ingrown toenail