Penicillin VK (Penicillin V Potassium)
Generic equivalents for Penicillin VK... What are generics?
Penicillin V Potassium
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Penicillin V Potassium Information
(pen i sil' in)
Before taking penicillin V potassium,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to penicillin V potassium, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially other antibiotics, anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin), atenolol (Tenormin), aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine such as naproxen (Anaprox) or ibuprofen (Motrin), oral contraceptives, probenecid (Benemid), and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease, allergies, asthma, blood disease, colitis, stomach problems, or hay fever.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking penicillin V potassium, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking penicillin V potassium.
- upset stomach
- mild skin rash
- severe skin rash
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- vaginal infection