Renagel (Sevelamer Hydrochloride)
Prescription required. May be split. Product of UK/EU. Shipped from United Kingdom.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Sevelamer Hydrochloride Information
(se vel' a mer)
Before taking sevelamer,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to sevelamer, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in sevelamer tablets or oral suspension. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may tell you to take your medications at certain times before or after you take sevelamer, change the doses of your medications, or monitor you carefully for side effects. If you are taking cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune), levothyroxine (Levo-T, Synthroid, Tirosint, others), or tacrolimus (Astagraf, Prograf, Protopic), you should take them at least 1 hour before or 3 hours after you have taken sevelamer. Take ciprofloxacin (Cipro) at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking sevelamer. Also, take mycophenolate (Cellcept) at least 2 hours before taking sevelamer.Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have a blockage of your stomach or intestines. Your doctor will probably tell you not to take sevelamer.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had difficulty swallowing, gastrointestinal problems, such as constipation, or have had surgery on your stomach or intestines.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking sevelamer, call your doctor.
- you should know that sevelamer may decrease levels of vitamins and folic acid in the body. Talk to your doctor to see if you need to take additional amount of these vitamins during your treatment with sevelamer.
- stomach pain
- new or worsening constipation