3 mcg/gm Ointment
Prescription required. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada. Vectical is also marketed internationally under the name Silkis.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(kal" si trye' ol)
Before using calcitriol ointment,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to calcitriol, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in calcitriol ointment. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: calcium supplements; vitamin D supplements; or thiazide diuretics ('water pills') such as chlorothiazide (Diuril), hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide, Oretic, many combination products), indapamide, and metolazone (Zaroxolyn). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects. Many other medications may also interact with calcitriol ointment, so be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking, even those that do not appear on this list.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney disease or any condition that affects the level of calcium in your blood. Also tell your doctor if your psoriasis is being treated with phototherapy (a treatment for psoriasis that involves exposing the skin to ultraviolet [UV] light).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using calcitriol ointment, call your doctor.
- plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and UV light (such as tanning booths and sun lamps) and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Calcitriol ointment may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- skin pain
The content on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice. Patients should not use the information presented on this page for diagnosing a health-related issue or disease. Before taking any medication or supplements, patients should always consult a physician or qualified healthcare professional for medical advice or information about whether a drug is safe, appropriate or effective.