Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
(rem de' si vir)Remdesivir is an antiviral medication currently being studied for the treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Only limited clinical trial information is available at this time to support the use of remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19. Some initial studies indicate that certain people in the hospital who have COVID-19 may benefit from receiving remdesivir because it may shorten the time to recovery. However, more information is needed to know how well remdesivir works for the treatment of COVID-19. More information is also needed about the possible adverse events that may occur from receiving remdesivir. There are currently no FDA-approved products available to treat COVID-19. Remdesivir has not undergone the standard review to be approved by the FDA for use. However, the FDA has approved an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to allow adults and children who are hospitalized with severe COVID-19 to receive remdesivir. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of receiving this medication.
Before receiving remdesivir,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to remdesivir, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in remdesivir injection. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while receiving remdesivir, call your doctor.
- pain, bleeding, bruising of the skin, soreness, or swelling near the place where the medication was injected
- yellow eyes or skin; dark urine; or pain or discomfort in right upper stomach area