We're currently experiencing phone and Internet issues in our call center, which may result in dropped calls or extended wait times. We're sorry for the inconvenience and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.
Prescription required. May be split. Product of New Zealand. Shipped from New Zealand.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(tole' ka pone)Tolcapone may cause life threatening liver damage. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order certain laboratory tests before and during treatment to check your response to tolcapone. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately: upset stomach that does not go away, extreme tiredness, lack of energy, yellowing of the skin or whites of eyes, tenderness on the right upper side of the stomach, itching, loss of appetite, pale stools, or dark urine.
Before taking tolcapone,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to tolcapone or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially anticoagulants (''blood thinners'') such as warfarin (Coumadin), desipramine (Norpramin), dobutamine (Dobutrex), drugs that cause drowsiness (sedatives, tranquilizers, and sleeping pills), isoproterenol (Isuprel), MAO inhibitors [phenelzine (Nardil) or tranylcypromine (Parnate)], methyldopa (Aldomet), and vitamins.
- in addition to the condition listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart or kidney disease or rhabdomyolysis (skeletal muscle disease).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking tolcapone, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking tolcapone.
- you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how tolcapone will affect you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
- sleep disturbances
- excessive dreaming
- increased sweating
- irregular heartbeat