Welchol (Colesevelam Hydrochloride)
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada. Welchol is also marketed internationally under the name Lodalis.
This item is backorded. May require additional wait time.
Generic equivalents for Welchol... What are generics?
Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Colesevelam Hydrochloride Information
(koh le sev' e lam)
Before taking colesevelam,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to colesevelam or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants such as warfarin, insulin, and and verapamil (Calan SR).
- if you are taking phenytoin (Dilantin), glyburide, levothyroxine, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), or vitamins, take them at least 4 hours before colesevelam.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had blocked intestines,gastrointestinal surgery, triglyceride (fatty substance) levels greater than 500 mg/dL, or swelling of the pancreas caused by high levels of triglycerides in the blood. Your doctor will probably tell you not to take colesevelam.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had gastrointestinal problems, difficulty swallowing foods, triglyceride levels greater than 300 mg/dl, bleeding problems, and low amounts of fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E, and K) in your body.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking colesevelam, call your doctor.
- abdominal pain
- muscle pain
- severe abdominal pain with or without nausea and vomiting